Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fighting SSDD (Same Shit Different Day)

I don’t want to watch a lot of television. Watching other people live their fake lives is a tremendous waste of a real one, in my opinion. So, I bought Dan Brown’s “Digital Fortress” last Saturday and finished reading it last night. Really good stuff – kept me awake until 1 o’clock in the morning. Next in my list - Paulo Coelho’s new book “The Winner Stands Alone.” Hope somebody can just lend it to me or can we swap? I’m really broke.

I only got four hours of sleep and feeling a little edgy. While having my mental shampoo, thinking random thoughts – Maricar Reyes… biking…. dance in the rain, nude…. my shoe needs repair… poisoning my neighbor’s noisy dog… what to blog…. fly…... – then I suddenly realize, Oh my gums!! I’m having SSDD again (Same Shit Different Day.)

So before going to work, I think of ten positive things I’m going do today to – at least inspire me – and survive this goddamn crazy toxic SSDD week.

Here’s my list:

1. I must do my best at work. Make today my crowning achievement!! Huh, hard stuff eh. If my boss didn’t even notice it, well I know a day will come when this office can no longer hold me…. and some other boss will beg me to work for them. He he he. I know I will not get a raise next week based on my great performance this week or today, success still demands that I continue to perform daily. Long term reward comes in the long term. Think “Kaizen” yodz, …..kaizen kaizen…. kaizen.

2. Recognize someone else and try to put a smile on some faces. If I can’t make them smile, then it’s their fucking problem!!! not mine!!! Smile! Smile!

3. Take some time off if I need to – there might be some roses around work that need licking, errr … smelling.

4. Find out about someone else… (my new online Multiply friend is kindda cute and intriguing.) Maybe my long wait for a chinita girl will soon be over… hopefully. Huh, this love bug again..

5. Call someone I haven’t talked to in a while.

6. Listen to my 10-minute meditation (via my mp3 player) again. Haven’t done it in a while.

7. Look in the mirror. Take positive affirmations… I’m good, I’m a cool person…. I should recognize it. It’s true… It’s true.. he he.

8. Edit my thesis manuscript – it’s gathering dust you lazy son of a farmer!

9. Look at my victory log – and do something today to add to it.

10. Laugh. – wa ha ha ha, he he he, hik hik hik.
Hmmmm, I love rainy days – never fails making my thoughts go berserk.




No comments:

Post a Comment