Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blog envy is my motivation

Forgive me dear bloggers for I have sinned.
This blog is evolving because of envy.
Bloghopping eats up most of my free time to catch up on my favorite topics, news and for mining fresh ideas. While browsing, I frequently came across blogs that can totally blow me away; blogs with great design, interesting contents, magnificent writing style and alive with intelligent comments - blogs I envy.

Envy is one of the deadly sins according to Catholicism crap. Conversely, I have always felt that envy is the first cousin of motivation. It lurks somewhere hidden in my thoughts. When I say I admire other blogs and its design, deep down, what I really feel is that I wish I have those design talent and writing genius. It may be a sin, but it gives me the motivation and clue to what I truly want in this blog – and to improve myself. You always inspire me fellow bloggers.

Accordingly, I devoted efforts on improving this blog. Whenever I came across blogs with great design or a cute widget, my first instinct is to look for its source code to test it on my blog. I also want to learn bits & pieces about XHTML & CSS.

Here are some cool improvements I made which I want to share:
  • My Table of Contents page: It took me three hours before I make it work. I’m a real dumb when it comes to code syntax. Thanks to Aneesh for the tweaking.
  • My header graphics was originally a wallpaper which I find interesting because of some yin yang symbol on it. I did some photoshop editing and use it as header. It’s quite large but I like it.
  • For SEO hacks and monetizing, maybe later when I’m really serious about posting well researched posts. I believe content really matters.
Well, I don’t know how long I can make this blog alive but surely it will continuously evolve into something better – hopefully not all because of envy.

I will really love reading your comments about my blog or if you have a cool code hack you want to share, I’ll definitely appreciate it.

Let’s inspire each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment